Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Taper Plan

I spend time playing, when I really need to get working. I am a full time working mother of four children with a crazy busy life. Running is my me time and my distraction. It is when I am in control. I can make a goal and it is up to me to achieve it. I just need to put in the training and hope for a little race day magic. I have been training since July 23 for the Harrisburg Marathon which is Sunday November 11th. My goal is 8:15 minutes per mile which is around a 3:35 finish time goal. I ran a 1:40 half marathon on 9/9/07 and the race predictor on the Runner's World Web site says I should be able to do a 3:35. My marathon PR is 3:46. So this is significantly faster but I have been training more miles per week and doing more speed work so I am ready. Now we are in the taper which is hard. My motto is, nothing new, no new foods, no change in routine, no new clothes. Just try to get more sleep and drink more water. Enough procrastinatin for now. I will write again tomorrow. Looking forward to getting my first glimpse at the 10 day forecast.

No comments: